Recording/ sound help

cwhaley

Boy, am I glad I found this site. 48 hour noob on here needing some help. Wanting to do some live recording in my studio with compressor mic, acoustic and electric. (Any advice on mixing this would be great) however the question I have is about headphones. Again, we're going to be recording live so how do I run 2 sets of headphones for me AND my lead guitar player from my interface? Thanks in advance

Boy, am I glad I found this site. 48 hour noob on here needing some help. Wanting to do some live recording in my studio with compressor mic, acoustic and electric. (Any advice on mixing this would be great) however the question I have is about headphones. Again, we're going to be recording live so how do I run 2 sets of headphones for me AND my lead guitar player from my interface? Thanks in advance

You buy a Behringer HA400 headphone amplifier. That gives you 4 independently controlled stereo feeds from one source. The quality is not at all bad, low noise and plenty of welly.

There are of course better H/P amps but you will have to pay a great deal more for any discernible (if any) difference. Not an "Audiophile/mastering" amp for $1000 cans but easily good enough for your purpose.

Oh! And don't forget to buy a stereo TRS to TRS jack cable to go from AI h/p out to HA400!

Dave.

Since you already got a couple of easy answers... next time tell us what gear you actually have (what interface, for example?)

Back