Recording software

gwayms

Hey guys,

I have been using Mixcraft to do recording for a while, but it doesnt seem to be the easiest program to munipulate. Meaning I can just recording one part of a song (ex. guitar riff) and copy it over and over, it just never seems to line up correctly. Even if I copy a track, I cant line it up unless the track is the full length of the song. Seems like there is no way to line tracks up on a grid or something.
What program do this type of stuff eaiser? Without breaking the bank. Im thinking I might have to buy a stand alone recorder.

Thanks

gwayms said:
Hey guys,

I have been using Mixcraft to do recording for a while, but it doesnt seem to be the easiest program to munipulate. Meaning I can just recording one part of a song (ex. guitar riff) and copy it over and over, it just never seems to line up correctly. Even if I copy a track, I cant line it up unless the track is the full length of the song. Seems like there is no way to line tracks up on a grid or something.
What program do this type of stuff eaiser? Without breaking the bank. Im thinking I might have to buy a stand alone recorder.

Thanks

audacity is nice for basic editing + free.

i love rapier for multi tracking, just got it

gwayms said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

I know absolutely nothing about Mixcraft, but do think that it possibly has a "Grid" editing mode? Most software that I have seen does (Cubase/Nuendo/Protools) and then everything lines up....assuming you have created a tempo track.

Check your manual for Mixcraft looking for Grid mode.

You should Maybe Check out "Mackie Traction 2.0" as it is By Far the Easiest Multi-Tracking Program I have used and it is also The Best.....

I can record from all 4 Inputs on my Delta 44 ,Pluss I can also Record from the 2 Channels on My Integrated Sound Card at the Same Time as the Delta when useing the ASIO4ALL Drivers and I haven"t had any problems (Yet) with Sync problems from the Different Time Clocks....

The Interface is Totally Easy to use and it even has a 64Bit Mixdown Mode that Creates very Good Quality Mixdowns and it has Some awesome Filters/Plugins.....

Cheers

Back