Recording software suggestions ,,,Pretty Please

Deadboyy

Ok I have cakewalk pro 9 ,, and it seems to record and "do its thing" very well but is there anything out there with an easier to understand interface and still get a quality sound with many options.

(WORST CASE) Since I havent seen any other programs for recording besides cakewalk,,,, "I just know someone iz going to tell me its the easiest thing out there to work with"

okay the easiest program i have ever seen that does the job quite well is n-track, you can get a free demo that will record for you from www.fasoft.com give it a try

I don't use n-track, I use Cool Edit Pro, but based on posts I've been reading for the last two years at this site, I would be willing to bet $50 that n-track is Cheap, Easy to Use, and Definitely Worth Your While.

The only problem that ususally arises from being easy is functionality. The less it does, the faster you learn it. Eventually you may find yourself wanting more features and things you dont have with an "easier" program. If I were you, I'd keep the Cakewalk, and maybe even upgrade it to Sonar, and take a little time reading the manual and learning the functions. You may find the all the little extras are there for YOUR creative interests and are quite useful.
I just wouldnt waste time learning one if you MIGHT end up having to switch 6 months from now because you outgrew it.
Just my 2 cents worth. :)

tubedude has given you some very "sound" advice.

No matter which way you look at the situation, it will still take you some time to learn a program.

Plus, you don't want to outgrow the program.

Therefore, if I were you. I would download demos of...

Cakewalk 9

Cubase VST

Vegas Audio 2.0

Then, I would play around with all 3 programs (to see which one you feel most comfortable with).

Buy the program you like.

Then, learn the program inside out and backwards and forwards.

I hope this helps a bit... :D

peace...

spin

makes sense to me tubedude

Yea I figured I would have to dive into the manual and get to use all that extra complicated little icons everywhere..........

I want the quality and options....and I guess im just lazy,,but thanks alot ,,, I think thats what I,ll do,,,,

Its just hard to be creative and get in the mood to let it all go ,, and just groove out.. When I have to think about tweaking channels ,, latency,, gain.. dont get me wrong im not stupid im very good with software in general ,, but when I start thinking like a sound tech. It just plunges my creative side into a cold sleep.... but anywayz ,,, thanks tubedude for the very sound advice

Back