Recording Snake

tsl92802

Hey, I'm looking for a 16x4 snake. Just wonderng what you guys think would be the best quality one for around $300. Ideally, I wanna get it at Guitar Center with the no payments/interest thing goin on. And of coarse, the shorter the better since it's for recording...anything over 6 feet will do. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is one of those "there is no best" kinda things, but i figured cables would be a little more black and white than mics, etc.

If I have a choice between Guitar Center and Musicians Friend I use Musicians Friend. Free shipping on orders over $300 and they dont charge tax. ($25.00 tax on a $300 order in NY if I went to GC). But you may get lucky and the rep at GC may give you a better deal if you tell him you can get it cheeper on line.

Why do you need a snake if your run is only 6 feet. Just get 20 foot mic cables and 20 foot balanced 1/4 inch and be done with it.

timboZ said:
If I have a choice between Guitar Center and Musicians Friend I use Musicians Friend. Free shipping on orders over $300 and they dont charge tax. ($25.00 tax on a $300 order in NY if I went to GC). But you may get lucky and the rep at GC may give you a better deal if you tell him you can get it cheeper on line.
What's funny about that is that MF and GC are the same company!

For stuff over $300 I prefer American Musical Supply, 'cause they have that nifty EZ Payment plan.

The snake is mostly for ease of use. It's running in two different rooms and I'd prefer having everything neatly organized in the little box and just wrapping up the actual cords going to the mics. I still have to use the actual tracking room for my bands practice space etc, so I don't really wanna have a lot of cords laying around. And it's also not at all conviniant to unplug them from the back of my system either.

Hey, just letting everyone know, I found some wall plates from ProCo that served the purpose much better than the snake would have. With some custom cords from Whirlwind, it sound be pretty sweet. Thanks for the replies.

Back