recording radio sweepers

ikon

someone asked if i could make them a radio sweeper....i was wondering if anyone knows or can point me in the right direction to get them to sound like they do onthe radio....well thick sounding...bassy but not s bassy it sounds liek shit...i dunno has anyone here done these before....i would really liek to learn this but cant seem to find anything when i search.....btw this is a online station not a real radio station, but any help would be great...thanx

guess noone knows anything about this subject....well any help at all would be usefull...thanx

I'm not sure anybody knows what you mean by "radio sweeper". That's not a real term for anything related to this business.

If you're talking about the sound of someing spinning the radio dial and tuning through multiple radio stations, there are stock WAV or MP3 files available on the internet that have that. If you want to create your own, just get your hands on an old fashoned stereo tuner (or any radio tuner with line out capability) and run the line outs into line ins on your recorder of compyter interface card.

If you're talking about a brush for dusting off radios, or something else, I have no idea ;).

G.

o0 my bad a sweeper is basically like a commercial that plays in between songs...the onewith the sound effects and mentions the stations dial n everything...nomatter what ive tried i cant seem to get the deep bassy sound with the clarity they got goin on....the rich thickness of it....basically i was wanting to get that radio commercial (the advertisement commercial not the commercial cd sound) sound

Back