recording question(s)

comfused

I just made my first recording with my POD 2.0:

2 questions:

- how do I create a click-track for this kind of music (it has got some tempochanges in it)
are there any free tools to create click-tracks?

- how do I get a better sound? in my opinion this sound is to flat and to 'low'
this is how I recorded:
guitar
____cable
POD 2.0 (standard amp model)
____jack to cinch cable
line in on DJ mixer (all tones set flat)
____tape-out, cinch to jack
line in on PowerBook
recorded in GarageBand (live instrument, no effects)

comfused said:
I just made my first recording with my POD 2.0:

- how do I get a better sound? in my opinion this sound is to flat and to 'low'
this is how I recorded:

This is probably not the answer you were looking for but the problem is that you recorded the guitar with a POD. Others can chime in with their own positive experinces with the POD, but mine are almost universally bad. Actually just last night I was offered a mix job and I turned it down because they had recorded all the guitar parts with a POD. People can record how ever they want, but I know from experience that if the guitars are done with a POD (especially with heavy guitars) that I would not be able to get the mix to sound good enough that I would be happy with it. Its not so much that the guitars would not sound very good, but also that the POD screws up the sound of all the other instruments as well. With real amps I just have to push up the fader and I am mostly done.

Other people seem to like PODs and say they make great sounding records with them, but I have not figured out how to do it yet (or ever heard a POD guitar sound I thought was amazing)

Back