Recording Problem In Sonar 2.2 XL

groover_jon

Hi Guys,

Im having a problem with recording audio in Sonar 2.2 XL

I arm the track, Check for recording level and Hit record and record or at least I hope I do !

For some reason and it doesn't happen everytime but more like 1 in 5 takes when I hit the stop button there is nothing been recorded at all. The level meter is working and Hardrive led is flashing with activity but nothing seems to get recorded.

My setup is :
Windows 98se
Amd K62 500
SB live
Seagate 10 gig for system and Apps - only 1/2 full
Maxtor 40 gig for Audio - only 1/4 full

This problem has only started recently and is annoying to say the least.

Any ideas guys?

Jon

That's one problem I got rid of when I got rid of the SB Live! ;)

And you might want to check if you use any funny caracters in the track name.

Hi Moskus,

Thanks......

Can you be more specific on what kind of funny characters will cause this to happen and why ?

Jon

groover_jon said:
Can you be more specific on what kind of funny characters will cause this to happen and why ?
Like the norwegian letters æ, ø and å. Sonar can't handle them. Just plain english. Took me ages to find out! I was recording a bassist named Øyvind. And I didn't understand why I could the drummer (Anders), my elguitars and the vocals (by Kim), but whenever Øyvind was playing his bass, Sonar didn't want to record! :mad:

But I figured it out when I wrote "Oyvind" instead... ;)

Oh I see. I'm only using english.. Could be the SB Live then but it's given no problems up until the last few days.

Jon

Have you set the latency lower the past few days, changed drivers or anything like that?

I usually start with the obvious. Are you sure you are hitting the Record button and not the Play button on the transport?

Moskus,

No I haven't changed anything recently but the problem occurs less often when I use write caching is the audio options.

I did a defrag a few days ago also but I don't think that would have caused it.

Jon.

I had that problem with the SB Live, and I think it was solved (more or less) by using the Microsoft driver for the SB Live. You might want to check that out...

groover_jon said:
I'm using 98se and wdm driver only works in mono unless I force it to use mme which then works ok.
Then you might want to install the latest drivers from Creative... ;)

Moskus,

I decided not to get the latest creative drivers and I tried the KX drivers and guess what .... No more problems so far. Works like a charm.
Thanks for your help

Jon

Damn... I had forgotten 'bout those. Of course! That's the most elegant sollution! Abandon Creative and Microsoft! :)

Back