Recording Piano plays

Log

I'm working on a CD with my friends and has mostly the music, lyrics and etc done. Soon comes the part of recording but we don't have a professional toolset so I'm seeking advise.

I'm going to record a music played on a piano so I expect the music to be very very high quality. Are there anyways to do that? I'm using my home computer.

There are mics from headphones and mics that are standalone[not with headphone], are the microphones standalone better than headmic ones with clearer sounds and can record a larger range of frequency? And when I record something even without a noise outside still the outcome files produces a small hiss sound like that... anyway to minimize it????

I'm a newbie I hope I can get more advice on recording. Thanks very much.

There are mics from headphones and mics that are standalone[not with headphone]

I dont understand.

And when I record something even without a noise outside still the outcome files produces a small hiss sound like that... anyway to minimize it????

Good cables will minimize hiss, but your still going to have some.. There are software plugins that reduce hiss that work pretty well.. Cool Edits noise reduction is great.

Wish I could be of more help to you.

Sorry my question is confusing.

I mean, microphones that has only a microphone function. Headphone microphones are headphones attached with a microphone.

I dont want to. I just use available equipments... my friends and I are no experts on this..... No idea how to record nice and well.

Are you going to record an acoustic piano? Is it an upright or grand?

The piano is one of the most tricky instruments to record.

You'll need a pair of really decent condenser mics and a couple of decent mic pre's.

You can get tons of advice from many audio engineers on the many forums, but you'll need some skill and talent to record acoustic instruments.

Do a search on any forum like musicplayer.com recording.org prosoundweb or gearslutz.com

Back