Recording Phone Conversations

justinchannell

I recently recorded an interview with Will Keenan of Tromeo and Juliet and Terror Firmer for my Troma fan site at http://tromafans.cjb.net and I wanted to know what's the best way to record phone conversations? For this, I used my cordless phone receiever's speakerphone, mic-ed with a Nady Starpower 1, into my PC's mic jack.

Beats when I recorded an interview with Lloyd Kaufman by using a pair of earbuds plugged into a cassette recorder's mic jack, then taped the ear bud to my phone's reciever. :)

i can record conversations thru my answering machine direct, no mic'ing....id prefer that.....

That's odd, I've yet to encounter anything from Gator. If it's there, it's from CJB.net's ads, considering my website is on ad-free space.

I'm going to run Ad-aware and check and see if I already have Gator's crap installed.

justinchannell said:
That's odd, I've yet to encounter anything from Gator. If it's there, it's from CJB.net's ads, considering my website is on ad-free space.

I'm going to run Ad-aware and check and see if I already have Gator's crap installed.

I dont get it when I load your mirror site located here ,so it must be CJB.net popping the Gator Software up.

radio shack also sells little microphones with a suction cup you stick on the phone and plug into a microcasette.

subtractor said:
radio shack also sells little microphones with a suction cup you stick on the phone and plug into a microcasette.

My exwife knew more about that technique than I did.... I wish I had recorded some of her more eloquent performances.. :)

once I saw a cordless phone with a built in minicassette recorder in the handset. it was at some cheesy store in a mall in san diego called "TIME OUT" or something...like a ghetto sharper image.

Back