Recording on a minidisc player?

jazzyjane

Hey -- this is a great forum! Just found it.

Not sure if anyone has posted about minidisc recorders...

I need something to record my Roland keyboard so that I can work on my songs for pre-production purposes only... I am considering buying a laptop, but then I'm gonna start getting into a lot of costs!

What about recording on a minidisc? Handy, transportable, cheaper? I used one once to record my old band w/ a condenser mic attached and it seemed to work well.

Any advice? I think it would also be good to record live shows.

Anyone know of a good product out there?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

If you want portable MD, then I'd look into the Hi-MD format. It's the successor to the old minidisc format, and can record uncompressed stereo 44.1kHz/16Bit audio for 1hr 35mins onto one 1Gb disc. I use mine all the time for outdoor recording.

Failing that, there are flash recorders out there that may record uncompressed, but I think might be a bit pricey.

We are changing from minidisc to Instant Replay

360 Systems instant replay is the way to go if you are planning on using tracks for live performances. It is easy to use and edit. It has hot keys that enables you to put in your songlist ahead of time and you are ready to hit one song after another. Just hit your hotkey and you are into the song without waiting.

You can find them on Ebay quite often for a good price and the hard disk drive is interchangeable with normal computer hard disks.

Back