Recording of a live band in a bar

sikter said:
Well done!
My compliments to musicians too!
The link in your latest post did not work for me but I didn't get any trouble by downloading from nowhereradio.com
sikter

Doh! Thanks for pointing that out. I corrected it.

I listened to the remix on headphones and really enjoyed the live sound capture. Great job tracking with what you had. There were a few spots though that seemed to lose power or well, actually it sounded like someone pulling back on the faders. Anyone else hearing that?

NYMorningstar said:
I listened to the remix on headphones and really enjoyed the live sound capture. Great job tracking with what you had. There were a few spots though that seemed to lose power or well, actually it sounded like someone pulling back on the faders. Anyone else hearing that?

Well, I also used less of the room mic in the remix, except at the beginning, at the very end, and after the first solo where I tried to bring in some of the audience reaction. There, I added it in and backed it out very slowly. The more I listen to it, the more obvious it is.

tnjazz said:
streaming works for me

What else was in the signal chain? Other preamps, etc? Or were the mics run to the house as well and in the console?

Sorry, I got so wrapped up in the mp3 problem I missed this.
The band had their own PA from which I took a line out and into my board along with my mics on the amps and drums. The board is a Soundcraft Spirit F1 with 6 mic pres. From the F1's inserts I went to an ADAT XT20. From there to SONAR HS4.

Back