Recording (Noise Problems)

Free_Spirit

This is my first posting to this BBS andI hope I will get some help.

Setup:

Behringer MX2642A Mixer
Yamaha DS2416 with AX44 (4 input expander) Also known as DSP-Factory
Cubase VST using Yamaha DS2416 ASIO drivers.

Application:

Inputs
------
Live recording into mixer mic & line inputs switched to main mix
Using Direct Outs on Mixer into line inputs of DS2416 card (max 6 mono inputs to card)
Master output of DS2416 card back into mixer through 2TK (2 track return on Behringer desk) added to MAIN MIX

Effects (real-time)
-------------------

Using DS2416's 2 effects busses for reverb and flanger (one of the applications)
These effects bussed on the DS2416 Digital mixer (on-board software mixer supplied by the card) to the digital mixer
channels 1 and 2 and added to the main mix.
Other 4 inputs also added to main mix.

Tracking
---------

Using Cubase VST to track the six inputs of the DS2416 card.
channels 1 and 2 tracked pre-effects (see above Effects)
Effects tracked seperately on inputs 7 and 8

What am i trying to do??
------------------------

The reason for pumping the DS2416 master mix back into the desk is to be able to mix pre-recorded material with the
new Behringer mixer inputs to play back the whole mix to the musicians, and to track the new inputs to Cubase.

My PROBLEM????
--------------

The moment I connect the DS2416 master output to the desk with the new inputs, i get noise. Not bad noise,
but irritating noise. The noise is not on the tracking but seems prelevant on the Behringer mixer's main mix.

If i disconnect the DS2416 cards inputs, the noise disappears. If i disconnect the DS2416 card's outputs, the noise
disappears.
I think it may be a phasing problem between the inputs and outputs but have been unable to confirm it.

Can anyoneout there helpme with this problem. It is crucial for me to be able to maintain the configuration mentioned
above, unless what I am trying to do is not 'audiological'.

Back