Recording my keyboards(Microkorg Xl) actual sounds?

Drewbartley

Hey guys, I've been messing around with making music for about a year and decided to turn it up a notch and buy a microkorg xl! I've been having troubles though. See, I've been trying to record my microkorgs ACTUAL sounds onto my computer, but can't figure out how. I use fl studio but only have fruity edition and from what I've read I need producer edition to access edison to do this, which I currently can't do. Does anyone know how I can record my keyboards audio? Thanks!

Hi Drew,
You need to take a line out from the centre of the 3 Jack plugs on the back of the microkorg, and plug it into the line in on your computer, or better yet, your audio interface. That will give you a mono signal into your computer. To get a stereo input you need to 2 cables from the microkorg, into 2 mono inputs on your audio interface. If you don't have an audio interface, you'll need a special cable to go from the 2 left and right outputs on the back of the korg into the 1 stereo input on your computer.

Then you need to to set what input the software you want to use to record actually captures.

Back