recording mic to cubase

moroccog

Please help me figure out how to record vocals to cubase. I cant even figure out how to get the signal to show up.

More info needed..

How do you have the mic hooked up?

What is your soundcard?

Have you set the drivers in cubase?

uuuuuu

My soundcard is a combo pre amp-external soundcard, the m audio duo. How do you set the drivers in cubase?

Are you using Cubase VST? Sx?

Click on 'devices' then "device setup"

Click the VST multitrack tab...then in the driver box, select M-audio ASIO.

Create an audio track, and set the input to M-audio Duo.

It should outline this in the Cubase manual as well..

I am using VST

Yup good ol VST is what I am working with. I am getting a mic signal coming through the preamp, but no sound at all out of the computer. OH YEAH, I cant find the device setup, What tab is it under?

It should be under "devices" located at the top.

That's how SX is, VST could be different. Look for something like "audio setup" or something to that effect. There will be a dialogue where you select the drivers you want to use. That should solve your problems.

Re: Volume Properties

fespinal4444 said:
Double click on your VOLUME PROPERTIES and make sure you checked MICROPHONE on RECORD DEVICE.

Isn't that what you do if you're using your PC's soundcard?

ummm...make sure you got the inputs selected correctly, thats under the VST Inputs menu, you'll need to make sure your mics are mapped to the right inputs in your soundcard (if you got 4 inputs on ur soundcard or mixer, for example, they are labelled 1L,1R, 2L, 2R in VST; let's say your mic is plugged into the very first slot of your soundcard, you'd be picking 1L). Also, for the meter to show up, make sure you unhighlight the lil "LN" that shows up above it. hope that makes some sense...

Back