Recording Latency with any program

dwt020814 said:
I dont have Cubase LE. Its may be floating around in CD land somewhere, ill have to dig it out later.

Im actually using Sonar at the moment and have adjusted the BPM to match that of the drums in reason, so the metronome is now on time with the pre recorded track.

The guitar is still ahead of the drums.

As for setting a timing master, should I be using my sound card or my Tascam to master both playback and record timing? Adjust the offset seems to do nothing ......

Did you just download a ripped version of Sonar?

Alright, I got my latency adjusted correctly and when I play to the metronome ONLY it comes out great, but when I leave the drum track unmuted the guitar comes out ahead.

Is there any way to monitor the drums in the correct timing?

:confused: :confused: Edit: Nevermind.... The guitar sounds ok and is on time, but all of a sudden it KIND of sounds like parts that I JUST recorded are MISSING or something and the timing gets messed up.... yet again.

NL5 said:
I think my head just exploded.........

Join the crew. I have about 1oz of sanity left in me. I really think this US122 is a piece of trash. Now when I record JUST guitar, it wont even play back like I recorded it. There are bits and pieces either sped up or missing all together. Cant even tap my foot to it :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

dwt020814 said:
I really think this US122 is a piece of trash.

Nah I use one and it works great. Maybe you should stop 'acquiring' software instantly and use the stuff that came with it. And read a manual or two.

Back