freksho

This is my setup so far..

I have:
P4 2.66 ghz, not sure about RAM,
Akai MPC2000XL MIDI Production Center
Alesis QS6.2 Synth
Midisport (USB) 2x2 (w/ 2 midi cables)
M-Audio DUO Mic Preamp (USB) w/ Shure 57 mic and cable
Sony-MDR600 Stereo Headphones (No amps or monitors, do I need some to record??)

what I want to do is record my music live to the computer then cut and edit my riffs down and loop them up in FruityLoops.. I have cubase for software, but with everything I have, I can't figure out how to record anything, I can only use my synth as an MIDI "controller".. What else should I get to record my music?? I was looking at this Edirol UA20 USB Audio/MIDI interface [http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--EDIUA20], but Im not sure if it will assist in recording my music live.. Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.

Cubase is all you need to record. Try our Cubase forum here for help if you can't get it configured correctly. Once you get the recording figured out you will want to get some nearfield monitors to mix and master your tunes with. From what I understand you do not want to use headphones to do this. The monitors can either be active or passive but if passive you will need an amplifier for them. Unless you have multiple inputs on your soundcard you will be able to record only one track at a time. This should be good enough for what you want to do.

I need to get monitors to mix the music?? I thought you could do all that through Cubase.. I got a guitar amp too, and I did order that AudioCapture, I am going to see if I can figure anything out.

Back