recording guitar

ollie44

Hey everyone, i've been using my friends electric guitar (some sort of ibanez) and a Saffire 6 audio interface. I can't get it to sound good at all ... I've recorded at different volume levels etc etc etc and when recorded, i've tried EQing it and everything.

It sounds messy and seems very bassy. I've tried EQing out some of the lower frequencies but there isn't much effect.

Any ideas or techniques? thanks

what kind of DAW are you using?
r u plugging in directly or recording with a mic/amp?

if plugging in directly: what r u plugging into and does it have a pre amp?
there are some good vst plugins that simulate different ampliers

if using a mic/amp: the bassiness and messiness is probably because the mic is too close or put on a bad angle, or its just not a good mic for recording amplifiers

Last edited:
Lots of ideas and techniques but you need to tell us what you're trying to do in more detail.

What type of sound are you trying to record? Are you using an amp - if so what type and what mic? This would be a good start....

Hey everyone, i've been using my friends electric guitar (some sort of ibanez) and a Saffire 6 audio interface. I can't get it to sound good at all ... I've recorded at different volume levels etc etc etc and when recorded, i've tried EQing it and everything.

It sounds messy and seems very bassy. I've tried EQing out some of the lower frequencies but there isn't much effect.

Any ideas or techniques? thanks

Mas informacion, por favor :)

did somebody discover google translator?

LOL

- I am having a horrible time with guitar tone - and the worst part is I used to be able to get a good guitar tone - no I can't get crap :mad::mad:

I am going to have to go back and check my settings on some past mixes

I am also thinking of loading up some smashing pumpkins and some other commercial stuff to try and compare and emulate some of the tone...

I think I am going to make a track with some different settings and post it here and get some feedback... :confused:

Well i just want a nice clean sound, it sounds horrible. I'm going directly into my mac and logic. The interface has a pre-amp aswell ...

Back