Recording Examples

Centeno

Hello:

I'm a musician of many years just entering the recording scene. My aim is to get a decent sound (not pro, just something that's not lame) that will allow me to cultivate ideas (compose) with entry level gear. Recording acoustic, electric, bass, hand drums, other percussion, voice. Anyone with a similar setup that might give me examples of recorded work? Here's my gear so far:

--Pentium III (yeah, I can't say I love digital, but I'm not quite
ready to spring for a nice reel-to-reel setup at this point)
--SONAR
--Omni Studio
--Art Tube (Great River in sight, don't have a cow just yet!!)
--RNC
--Lexicon MPX500
--POD 2.0
--AT 4033, AT 3035, and Shure 57
--Alesis RA-150 and Event 20/20
--Recording in 8 X 15 room, no acoustic treatment, struggling with
boxy sound

Any ideas on what to tackle next? Mic placement, eq, preamp?
Suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks.

Centeno

What type of music and sounds do you want to record? Is there something specific you feel you are lacking?

Your setup sounds great, way better than most getting started with home recording, crikey you should be able to get some great recordings with that gear.

I'm working with a fairly similar setup, some music I've done can be accessed by clicking my www link below.

Sounds like you have all the hardware you need. I'd work on the room treatment if you have no where else to record.

How about finding out what people do with their old bed matresses, get hold of a few and before you know it you have some rough and ready, yet effective, accoustic treatment.

Back