recording drums on the mr8

random effect

i want to be able to record at least 3 separate drum tracks into the mr8 but it seems i can only have two inputs at a time. I want to have the snare, kick and overheads all separate but it seems this is impossible with this console unless i'm missing something really big. If so, i will feel stupid but relieved so help me out!

there is no way to record them seperately using the mr8. Were i in your position, i would submix the overhead and snare together and then have the kick on the other track. it's not as bad as it sounds, i promise.

The MR8 only allows two tracks recording at a time. You could mic the drums through a sub-mixer, get the blend you want and record the stereo out of the sub-mixer to the two tracks on the MR8.

yea thats what i plan on doing. I can seperate the kick from the overheads and snare but i wish i could do some tom panning and stereo o.h. panning for a wider more interesting sound but I'm sure i can make due. Thanks for the replies

if you'd like to do that, and you can record with stereo overheads and a snare and a bass drum mic, and sub mix the snare andd bass drum into them, and have the stereo tracks recorded...well, stereo.

Back