recording conference for live webcast

foreverain4

just wondering if anyone has any input as far as the audio portion of this project i am undertaking..

my plan
i have a canon hv20 HD camcorder, with 1/8" mini mic input, for the video side. i will also have a beachtek box to give me two xlr inputs with phantom power to the camcorder. my plan is to use a countryman headset mic for the main speaker paired with a shure pgx wireless system. this will go in to input 1 of the beachtek box.

now, i would like to be able to record room as well. this way any questions that are asked can be recorded and broadcast live on the webcast. i was thinking of maybe mounting a crown pzm on the ceiling. anyone else have any ideas?

just wondering if anyone has any input as far as the audio portion of this project i am undertaking..

my plan
i have a canon hv20 HD camcorder, with 1/8" mini mic input, for the video side. i will also have a beachtek box to give me two xlr inputs with phantom power to the camcorder. my plan is to use a countryman headset mic for the main speaker paired with a shure pgx wireless system. this will go in to input 1 of the beachtek box.

now, i would like to be able to record room as well. this way any questions that are asked can be recorded and broadcast live on the webcast. i was thinking of maybe mounting a crown pzm on the ceiling. anyone else have any ideas?

Omnis work well. The MSH-1 omnis are a cheap possibility:

http://www.naiant.com/studiostore/microphones.html

neh, i have two of those mics. the only use i have found for them are talkback mics.... thanks for the input though....

one probalem you will have is that it is a mic input, and the level coming from your mixer is line level, so the level meter on your mixer wont be correct as mic level is ALOT higher (i forget the exact amount) than line level so you'll need to turn your mixer down quite alot or else you will be peaking ALOT.

one probalem you will have is that it is a mic input, and the level coming from your mixer is line level, so the level meter on your mixer wont be correct as mic level is ALOT higher (i forget the exact amount) than line level so you'll need to turn your mixer down quite alot or else you will be peaking ALOT.

not quite sure what you are talking about here. both sources, the countryman to shure wireless and the pzm mic will be plugged directly in to the beachtek unit. the beachtek will then be plugged in to the cameras mic input. this is exactly what this unit is designed to do. i made no mention of a "mixer" please clarify...

The PZM will probably work ok if it's just a table discussion. If this is a big meeting room then you will probably need something closer to the people.

If the room is too big for the PZM to work you might just setup a 58 or something to use as a question mic. I've done a lot of corporate gigs and that's what we usually did. Get somebody to walk around with it if you can go wireless or just put it on a stand and have people walk up to it.

Back