Recording before a recorded wave possible?

Deen

This seems like a simple problem perhaps
you all have come across. Whenever I try
to record a wave block before another wave block
on the same track, it doesn't record. If I put the new
recording after the recorded wave block it records fine.
Why does this happen and how do I work around it.
Thanks.

I don't know why it does that.. I just record on another track, time-lock the wav, and drag it up to the track I want it in.

Thanks for the reply Meshuggah,

That seems to be the simplest solution to a simple problem.
The only drawback is the time it takes to sync the wave blocks
again. I guess I have to get used to it huh? Thanks again.

the "why it won't record" answer is simple enough....
When you Begin a new project and click record it starts recording at (brace yourself) 0:00:00. And for what ever reason it wont allow you to travel back in time to start recording befor 0:00:00.

Physics......

Even said:
the "why it won't record" answer is simple enough....
When you Begin a new project and click record it starts recording at (brace yourself) 0:00:00. And for what ever reason it wont allow you to travel back in time to start recording befor 0:00:00.

Physics......

Well.. not true.. It will start recording where ever you tell it to.

Deen said:
The only drawback is the time it takes to sync the wave blocks
again. I guess I have to get used to it huh? Thanks again.
Like Mesh said, that part is super simple. Once you record the new part on a different track, just right click on the block that you recorded and select "LOCK IN TIME." That keeps you from being able to move the block left or right, so you can easily just drag it up to the track that you wanted to record it in in the first place, and it's already sync'd.

BTW - I think the reason it won't let you record a block before a block is to make punching in easier. If you put the cursor before the block on an armed track, and hit record, it WILL record, but it'll only record where that block is.

Back