Recording Bass Guitar

Don't mean to ask the obvious, but are you plugging your bass into the pre-amped inputs of the Profire, or the line inputs?

I am not lucky enough to use firewire, but with USB I just plug straight into my Fast Track Pro, and I have no problem with level. The Fast Track pro has analog inserts, so I always add a rack compressor to keep my signal consistent. You should be able to get a decent signal going as well with firewire. Look for something silly like a pad switch engaged or a line/mic switch set 'wrong'.

I am not lucky enough to use firewire, but with USB I just plug straight into my Fast Track Pro, and I have no problem with level. The Fast Track pro has analog inserts, so I always add a rack compressor to keep my signal consistent. You should be able to get a decent signal going as well with firewire. Look for something silly like a pad switch engaged or a line/mic switch set 'wrong'.

i believe i should use compressor or pre-amp.

I record the bass line by connecting bass guitar to my m-audio profire610,but i get very low and weak sound ,
do you think i should use compressor , pre-amp or non of them ?

Something is wrong then. I use my Profire 610 for bass all the time with the built in pres. Is the pad on? Make sure its not a faulty cable or a volume on your bass issue.

ZOX4D.png

Back