Recording bass guitar with an aardvark 24/96

Rassoodocks

hi... i'm trying to get some tips as to how best to record bass guitar for jazz style recordings using my aardvark 24/96...

the bass guitar is a spector neck through with active electronics, passive pick ups....i've got one bass drum mic that i've tried using but isn';t responsive enough, that's an akg emotion series bass mic.. i've also tried using my nt1000's in front of the cab but the low end gets fuzzy really quickly using the nt1000's..... i've also tried the di box in the amp straight into the aardvark, it isn't as quiet as i'd like.... i've also tried the bass straight into the aardvark using only the active preamp in the guitar... that seems to have produced mixed results... not enough punch or volume that way... i guess i'm most happy with mic'ing the cab with the rode nt1000's.. it's the most natural sound.. but isn't compressed as much as i'd like... i'm using cakewalk9.0...

so, anyone that can point me in the right direction, i'd be much obliged... basically, i think bass is pretty hard to get right... i do have a specific sound i want, but i'm willing to compromise.

Thanks in advance...Rory.

Back