Recording a Bass Digitally

Gremboid

I want to record my bass digitally (onto a GadgetLabs 824) Can I take the extra speaker output into the box or what? (It's got 8ohms written next to it)

Do I have to go direct instead? Like thru an effects pedal (a bass version of the POD maybe?)

I also have a D.I. ouput on the rear of my head. What the hells it do? Its a got a 3 pin connection socket, not like a jack.

I'd like to use the sound coming from my amp (its a 300watt Trace Elliot 1210SMX), cause when I use the 12 band EQ well, it sounds cool!

Any help would be appreciated!

I wouldn't put the extra speaker output unto the GadgetLab, if I'm not mistaken, that's a bit more power then the recorder can handle.

The 3 pin DI socket is probably an XLR plug, like those generally used for microphones, that is what you would want to plug into the recorder. You say you have a 824, that should have XLR inputs, so you just need an XLR cable to connect the two: you get your twelve bands of eq afterall!! :)

Good Luck

William Underwood

[This message has been edited by cwillu (edited 11-25-1999).]

Whadaya mean "bass version" of the POD... The POD works fine for bass... It sounds better than a custom-built tube bass preamp that I have...

S8-N

Back