Recording 4 Tracks at Once on PC

What I am looking to do is record (at least) 4 tracks at the same time through PC based software (Adobe Audition). I am very familiar with Audition, so it's not the software part, but sound card/input device/mixer that I need assistance with. I was going to use a Mackie 1202 VLZ3 in combination with an M-Audio Audiophile 192 PCI, but I'm getting the impression that I'll only be able to record the stereo mix and not be able to separate each channel/track. I really would prefer to record us as a whole band live as opposed to going back and tracking. I'm aware of bleeding/out of phase issues. Let me know if you have any ideas and if this is realistic. Thanks for your advice.

PreSonus FirePod 24-bit/96k

Actually it looks like the PreSonus FirePod 24-bit/96k is what I'm looking for... any ideas?

The firepod is a good option. There are a number of PCI/PCIe and firewire soundcard interfaces that will allow multi-channel recording. On the cheap end, the M-Audio Delta 44 or 66 are decent PCI cards. Also check out the Echo interfaces.

Back