recorded on a rainy day

The tune really comes alive around 1:30. Rich tone to it that fits the dark mood. Maybe would benefit from a bit of de-essing on the vocal.

thanks for the input tl, i realise i have to do some more work on the vocals but this is a long and difficult process since my singer lives 3000 miles from me.
i'm not too fond of what deessers do with his voice so i'm trying to find a compromise here.

Very psych intro - nice!
Have you tried spitfish? It's from a suite of VSTs that are free & bloody fabulous.
If the de esser in that set isn't much chop for you you'll really have EQ those syllables - get him further away from the mic, use a screen etc etc.
Blockfish has a great preset for close up mic replication that'd compensate for moving him back.
Good song, even terrific but you do have to deal with the sssss. maybe get him to make it a spitting feature of his vocal style and emphasise them.

if there's a way to buy a guy a drink on line please tell me!!!

i just dl those plugins, fired up my daw and played around with spitfish for about a minute and my god!!! it works!

brilliant rayc! thanks a lot for that tip.

another day in the studio!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I really like this - a complex arrangment that emerges from the simplest structure. I didn't have a problem with the singer's S'es, but I did think his tone didn't fit the ambiance of the song. I could see a vocal drenched in reverb and effects fitting in better, but that's just me. Great song.

Back