Recorded Classical Quartet Tonight

BobOC

Hi all...

I recorded a live performance of a classical quartet this evening (piano, violin, viola, cello), and it could not have gone better. I'm burning the final cd of the mix now, and it really sounds great. I recorded the performance on my Akai DPS16, using a C1, a B1 and an AKG C1000s

Not that anyone cares, but I'm really proud of what I accomplished toinight. I look upon this as a culmination of a lifetime of pop/Beatles loving(which came in my pre-teen years), intertwined with my love of Beethoven (which came in my 20s), intertwined with my love of recording (which came in my 40s, thanks to all of you!).

I'm going to post a portion of a Beethoven quartet on the MP3 board later this week.

The concert was given by the Vladimiroff Quartet in West Redding, CT.

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday night!

BobOC

Congrats Bob, one who records and mixes classical is the true sound engineer. (No offence guys!) Put it on the mp3 thread , lets listen to it.

What was the set-up like? how long did you spend on the project, and if you don't mind me asking how much did you charge? I think their should be a forum catagory that just deals with exactly how your session went, the set-up and rates, for situations like these. I know that's on all beginners minds.

Yes, can't wait to here it!

ds21...

I did this for a friend (he is my daughter's piano teacher), so I didn't charge anything. The concert took place in a Unitarian church...a beautiful building deep in the woods, with high ceilings and carpeted floors. I used the three mics I mentioned earlier (the B1 and C1000s out in front, and the C1 at the far end of the grand piano, facing into it). Used my Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro for the preamps, and straight from there into the Akai DPS16.

Will try to get an MP3 snippet up tonight...or soon!

Thanks....Bob O

Note: MP3 posted in next message....

Last edited:
Back