Record wav from Cakewalk

op76

I need help recording wav-file from my Cakewalk-project. I have done this before by looping my soundcard´s line-out (speaker) to line-in and using Goldwave to recording, while Guitar studio is playing. Now it seems, that it´s not working anymore...there is very bad noise when playing wav. I have tried everything, changed looping cable and different settings, but nothing seems to help. Is there a better way to record wav from cakewalk?

I'm at work and don't have sonar in front of me but if I remember correctly.

Open the project and audio that you want to work with.

Change the audio format to 16 bit

Export audio.

I only have destination track option in mixdown and it seems, that it only mixes audio tracks...no midi?

That's correct. But you make an audio tracks from the midi tracks. Here's how.

Mute all the tracks except for the midi track that you want to make into an audio track.

Set up another track to record audio and arm it to record the sound of your midi module, soundfont or sample.

Play the song. Your midi track will be made into an audio track to be used during mixdown. (Of course, the original midi track is still there, on a separate track.)

This way, you can add effects to the midi generated audio tracks, create your mix, and then export it all down to a stereo mix together.

Now Im just confused, I don't see midi mentioned anywhere originally ,but whatever, Dan has given you the info that you need.
good luck

I think my sound card is broken...or both of my cables got broken at same time...

Is there some program, that can exports both audio and midi tracks at the same time...I´m just tired to do these tricks?

Dan's not telling you how to perform a magic trick, he is telling you how to do what I think you want.
Or are you saying you just want to back up the raw midi data?

I know, what Dan is telling me, but I still need to loop my line-in and line-out, when I´m recording midi track(s) to audio track, right?

(I don´t know if it can be done otherwise...)

NOPE,
Follow adove instructions, It is like using the What you hear option.

Midi has no sound till you utilize a sw or hw synth.
Once you are able to hear the midi tracks play then you are going to record them to another track.

Maybe I misunderstood.

What kind of soundcard are you using?
Does your software mixer (in Windows) allow you to select more than one source? For instance, a Soundblaster live will allow you to select "What U Hear".
If it does, you shouldn't need to patch in a signal from the line out to the line in.

Sorry for the confusion,

Dan

Dan DA said:
What kind of soundcard are you using?

...That's the big question I wanna ask :) And another is what's your MIDI source (Tone generator) I mean do you use internal MIDI synth (SoundFonts, VSC, DXi, etc...) or External MIDI devices (keyboards, sound modules, samplers etc...) ?

My soundcard is integrated to main board, so it doesn´t have any fancy stuff. I use just this Microsoft GS wavetable sw...no keyboard or sound fonts...

Does your software mixer (in Windows) allow you to select more than one source? For instance, a Soundblaster live will allow you to select "What U Hear".

Er...what mixer?

I´m sorry, that I´m so "outside" as thermometer.

The mixer you'll find when doubble-cliking that little speaker-icon next to the clock, or on Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Volume Control.

In front speaker options I have Front speaker, Wave, SW Synth, Line In, CD Player (all mute boxes unchecked)

In recording options I have Recording, Stereo mixer, Mic, Line In, CD Player, Video, Aux (just line in selected)...So do I need to check Stereo Mixer...I´ll try that!

Yes, that´s it! Thanks folks :D

It just record a way too loud, so I have to adjust it...I also need to turn metronome sound off.

Back