recommendations for intel/amd MoBos ?

nisthana

I am horribly confused as to which MoBo I should use for either Intel or AMD. Thought to try your experiences :-)
The two boards I have on my radar is
ASUS P4C800-E (Intel) and
ASUS A8N-E (AMD)

First one is recommended by my friend who made his DAW recently, but is discontinued.
Second one is from a local computer store.

some companies dont support discontinued products. you may want to check that out if the discontinued one looks more appealing.

The Asus boards are pretty solid.I used the P4P800-E Deluxe and a PIV 3.0GHz when I built my daw 17 months ago, never had a problem with it. It'll stream out 24 channels at 48/24Bit to my anaolg mixer when laden with vst plugs without a glitch. Can't get it to hit more than 60% on the CPU usage on really busy mixes

nisthana said:
What is diff between P4P800 and P4P800-E Delux ?
Any idea about P4C800-E Delux ?

I think the main difference is the S/PDIF and fiber optic audio connections on the Deluxe......which I disabled anyway. I'd actualy ordered the P4P800 and it was out of stock so they threw the deluxe in to get the order out

nisthana said:
I am horribly confused as to which MoBo I should use for either Intel or AMD. Thought to try your experiences :-)
The two boards I have on my radar is
ASUS P4C800-E (Intel) and
ASUS A8N-E (AMD)

First one is recommended by my friend who made his DAW recently, but is discontinued.
Second one is from a local computer store.

Have you looked at Gigabyte MoBos? They have an extensive collection here:
http://us.giga-byte.com/
I have been using Gigabyte for approx 10 years and no problems (except they keep coming out with neat, new bells & whistles all the time so I'm changing my mobo every 2 years. But I think you'll find that with all manufacturers).

Back