Recommendation for 2 OH Condensors for drums

smileypaul

Just as the title says, im in the market for 2 overhead condensors that I will be using for recording. Im on a budget of roughly ~350$ Canadian.. so please keep that in mind. Any suggestions welcome..

Thanks in advance

I just bought a matched pair of Behringer C-2's today for £39. Im not sure what that equates to in Canadian dollars. Im sure it's not a lot!!! Supposedly they will do the job just fine......plus, you'll have enough money left over to buy lots of alcohol.

I picked up (per Harvey Gerst's recommendation) two Audix TR-40 measurement mics. They are omnis, and look like the Earthworks drum mics. They sound great. I ordered a matched pair, but you can get them individually as well. I personally like the omni thing for recording overheads. Check them out, you may get a kick out of them.

I like the Russian Oktava MC012-01. Got them for about $80-$90 a piece( back in "99" or "00" though). Not a bad mic at all for the price. I've also used the Benson Audio Labs PC-11. About $150 each.

Without a doubt, the Oktava's are awesome in conjunction with kick, snare, and each tom miked. I personally prefer LDC's for that matter. The Studio Projects B1 condensers do an awesome job on stereo.

My favorite drum overheads are Audio Technica 4041's. I actually own a pair of SP C4's. They are superb overhead mics, and for my ear are the best you can do for the money. They are probably actually my second or third favorite overheads for ANY money.

Love & Light said:
I just bought a matched pair of Behringer C-2's today for £39. Im not sure what that equates to in Canadian dollars. Im sure it's not a lot!!! Supposedly they will do the job just fine......plus, you'll have enough money left over to buy lots of alcohol.

are those actually any good? im thinking about buying them for my first set of overheads.

i haven't heard much good about them... I've heard them labeled as thin... I wish i could tell you from experience...well... prolly not actually...

Jacob

Back