Recommend some good books?

MrBlackthorne

Funkmaster
Hey all...
I've been doing digital recording for a couple of years now. I have some decent equipment and have recorded a couple of good CD's. I was just wondering if there is any good books with some guidelines or suggestions for making good mixes and recordings. I have a binder of printouts from webpages that I find invaluable for mixing if I need a reference, but this seems like it's getting more and more elementary. So, I'm looking for a more complete reference (or 2, 3)... EQ and compression tips, tracking, mic position, panning in the stereo field... these are all things I'm interested in having a reference for. Thanks for the input!

Find pretty much anything written by Craig Anderton - he's good.

But if you search through everything on this site, you can probably get everything you need and not have to spend anything.

There are some really knowledgeable guys hang out here (you know who you are), so if you have a specific question, you can get an answer here.

foo

[This message has been edited by foo (edited 04-25-2000).]

I'm not sure if you can get anymore but Recording (formerly Home and Studio Recording) had a series of CD's called Playback. 19 in total. Each had an excersize or example of different mix tricks. Pretty cool. www.recordingmag.com is the address I think.

YO:

There is a great text out there by Ben Mocini. It is called:

ACCOUNTABLE COMPOSITION: THE PARAGRAPH

You will have to contact Ben to get a copy.

It will help you understand all of those recording lessons.

Green Hornet

Back