recommend me a mixer?

Callum

can someone please recommend me a 16 channel mixer that is reasonably priced. By reasonably priced I mean affordable by a student XD

Just in case the OP doesn't return, Maybe I can answer for him.
I'm not interested in inputs. I have a true systems P-Solo preamp and a lucid ad9624 going s/pdif thru my audio interface. So I'll get everything in one track at a time (except drums, but I'll use the interface inputs for that).
But I have 12 outs on my interface. I want to bring these out to 12 channels on the mixer. Then I want to mix with knobs and sliders and use external hardware for effects, etc.
I've been looking at the Soudcraft EPM12. I like the price range. But Soundcraft says that this board is not for studio/recording use. If this is because of the preamps, then I'm not concerned. Maybe it has to do with routing options. But 2 aux outs and 2 stereo return channels with monitor outs and main outs...sounds like close to what's available on some of the Mackie vlzs.

I have a true systems P-Solo preamp and a lucid ad9624 going s/pdif thru my audio interface. So I'll get everything in one track at a time (except drums, but I'll use the interface inputs for that).
Aww, man you got a nice, clean signal chain going there. Why would you want to mess it all up by running it through a cheap mixer? I can understand if you want to add some nice external hardware, but a nice patch bay will do the trick (on input as well, if you wish) much cleaner - and cheaper - than a $400 mixer.

G.

Why would you want to mess it all up by running it through a cheap mixer?

Two things:

1. knobs/sliders
2. analogue summing

number 1 could be achieved with a control surface, but that doesn't help number 2.

For number 2, I can be talked off the ledge, because i have not ever actually sat in front of monitors and heard what I've read so much about concerning the wide fresh breath a mix can get from analogue summing. But yes, I have also read a lot about cheap mixers and seem to only get warnings. But i haven't been sure if the warnings about cheap mixers are mostly concerning the preamps. I'd be willing to spend more on a mixer, but it seems as if I'd have to spend a lot more to get good sound, and at that point, it seems that I'm paying for preamps that I won't use.

Back