Recomended books/documents/sites

DenverRob

I'd like to solicit recommended books, documents, websites, etc. that contain all you need to know about building a home studio. I it might be nice to centralize it all in one thread. Also, it might serve to weed out the bad recommendations from the good. I hope to be building one soon (if I can ever find a house that I can afford with a basement).

Thanks,

If you have the patience, the search function at the top of the page will lead you to the promised land!

Read through some of the posts there about studio building, and you'll not only find a wealth of great info from the members themselves, but also info about reference materials, other sites, books, etc.

Pull up a chair, and settle in to have your brain filled......enjoy a beverage if you like!
:)

book

Today I received the books, Basic Home Studio Design and Creative Recording 2 by Paul White. I had ordered them from amazon.com. The former was $7.95, the latter $13.57. Basic Home Studio Design is a small book. I started reading it, and it appears to be very good. Had I known about this book earlier, I wouldn't have had to nag y'all with my dumb newbie questions. :)

Creative Recording 2 appears to include all the material that's in the little book, plus additional information on microphone types and microphone placement.

Back