recomend 1/2" 4 tracks please!

Yeah, isn't that something??

Anyway, regarding 1/4 inch 4-track...I used to have a Teac 3340S. it was WONDERFUL sounding. Take that with a grain of salt...it was many years ago and maybe my ears were just young (inexperienced at what to listen for etc.) but it was really inspiring how great it sounded.

No, you weren't wrong. It IS a great sounding deck.

Look at this deal...though it was a fixer-upper but a 1/2" 4-track Otari 5050...missing the pinch roller and needing some work but overall looked to be in decent shape considering the price...BIN $35. :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Otari-MX-5050-1-2-inch-R-To-R-FOR-PARTS-OR-REPAIR_W0QQitemZ130350661598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Electronics_R2?hash=item1e59813fde

Wish I had known, would have been worth the drive. I've got more 1/2" tape than I know what to do with, in the long run it'd probably be more cost-effective to get that type of machine, ha ha.

-MD

Wish I had known, would have been worth the drive. I've got more 1/2" tape than I know what to do with, in the long run it'd probably be more cost-effective to get that type of machine, ha ha.

-MD

Same here Maddogg. I had about 5 reels of it sitting around from when I had the 38. A couple of them brand new Quantegy. ...when they were $38 a reel... the good old days. :( And then this Ampex fell in my lap. Glad I held on to them. I even have liter and splicing tape if I ever need it.

read the fine print - emphasis added:

Cosmetic condition is very clean with a very few and very light minor marks and wears outs, unit similar to shown on the pictures but overall this is a beautiful recorder with Legendary WILLY STUDER quality.

a zillion beautiful pics - and then THAT at the end.

It also says.
It is a One of the Few identical units available and just to save time - we re listing it again, actual pictures of offered unit can be forwarded on request.

He also has 100% feedback and 1200 sales. I'm just saying, chances are good that what he's selling is probably pretty much what you're looking at.

Back