Reccomend good guitar and amp for me please

lend_me_talent

I have been playing an acoustic for about six months and I would like to try my hand at an electric. I would like to get a nice bluesy sound something similar to SRV. I'm not sure what to get. I went out and bought a squier strat last week and I'm taking that piece of shit back tommorrow.

I just wanted to get a reccomendation on what kind of guitar I should get and what type of amp I should get. To achieve or come close to the sound I want.

I would like to keep it around 600 bucks.

good guitar and amp!

Blues guitar like srv...Quality Stratocaster plus overwound pickups, Fender Bassman amp that was modified, and an ancient Ibanez Tubescreamer would set you back maybe $2000.00 in todays money given inflation and the modifications. You have to get away from Guitar Center and go check out live local guitarists in your area, check out their sound, and do some homework. Ask good questions of local players equipment and take notes.
Buy a quality tube amp that holds the price in a trade...guitars are a personal quest either its humbuckers pu or single coil. I've found that I buy the guitar based on how the NECK feels or plays. Either it is a pole vault Fender neck or a wide thin Epiphone neck. But mainly the neck HAS to feel comfortable in your hand, then it's easier to play and solo, chord, and bend notes. For quality guitars that are single coil, also check out the G & L guitars, they make reasonable priced guitars. A quality Tube amp...Check out "Eurotube" webside for his take on Fender amps. A modified Tubescreamer by Robert Keeley might help. All that should set you back $1200-1500. If you shop around maybe you can do better. Anyway I bought a G&L Telecaster and a Peavey Classic 50 when I started the same quest. I've traded both and upgraded. Good Luck.

I agree with politick. I have a Fender Blues Jr. amp and a Fender Standard Strat (Made in Mexico). Each run new for $350. That puts your budget to $700, but well worth the hundred dollars more than you want to spend.

I find with the pickup switch to the full neck position, Blues jr gain on 4 w/ FAT switch on gives a "Stevie" kind of sound. Add a tube screamer or just crank it to really howl.

The blues jr. is onlt 15 watts, 15 LOUD watts. Go play one!

Back