Rec Strat on Sonar 3

Buzu

Hi guy's I have a problem in recording my strat on Sonar 3 Pro. The problem is that the hit of the pick sounds too high and want to get rid of it.

I have experimented various ways but not enough succsess, I have connected a Spitit note pad mixer to the input line in of my PC. The guitar goes in to a Proccessor SE-70 BOSS, +4 Db out to a DI box 50K ohms input to XLR 600 ohms to the Spirit note pad xlr input.

Also tried without the DI box and without the SE-70 pro but no luck. even worse.

The other thing I used a valve amp mic'd by a Shure SM 58 to the above mentioned Spirit Note pad mixer, here I need to get the amp level quite high but this creates a neighbors problem.

I get optimum results when I use the Acuistic guitar connected to the Spirit mixer. but this has a built in preamp.

Could do with some other options or settings.

Does your Strat have a pickup selector switch? If so, did you try different settings there? Some of the pickup positions might be brighter than the others.

Or, maybe try an EQ cut...? You could put a very high Q value and a huge cut and try sweeping the freqs until you find one where the pick sound isn't coming through as much. Then, you can bring the cut back to a more reasonable level (the more drastic the cut, the more noticeable and more likely to create artifacts... I've read that no more than -6dB is a good guideline).

Just throwing some thoughts out there - take them all with a grain of salt.

:)
-Jeff

Regarding the strat yes it has a 3 pickup with 5 position selector switch, but it does make an insignificant difference.

Regarding the EQ cuts, im workin on it. trying to find the band the pick hit is!till now no sucsses.

youll find the pick hit is a complex waveform.
if you download the old cool edit 96 (google for it).
you can hilite a section of audio in it and it performs frequency analysis.
so you can see the dominant frequencies to fool around cutting.

Back