Reburning CD_rw"s

JUSTTIGHT

Does anyone use CD-RW'S on their PC, Who are able to rewrite them, so far I have been unsucessful in my attempts

I can't answer your question, but my logic on this is that CDR's are so cheap these days that it doesn't really pay to mess with RW's.

Most CD-ROMs and CD player cannot read CDRW disc -
so be ready to use them only with your CD Writer ...

I've used them quite frequently, with pretty good success.

Here's a case. I often record at a friend's house. After we have had a session, I'll dump the multi-track file to a CD-RW, bring it home with me where I can play around and do some mixing of the recordings (add effects, change volumes, etc). Then I save the changes back to the CD-RW and bring it back to my friend's the following week for additional recording, patching, etc.

You can also write to CD-RW's as if they were a CD-R. This works OK if you just want to backup a single file. However, if you want to read/write to them like a hard drive, you will need packet writing software. I use Direct CD from Roxio (which some people feel was actually invented by Satin).

BTW, gilwe is correct, for the most part you can only read CD-RW's in a CD burner.

Now with all of that out of the way, what exactly is your question?

was that Satin or Satan???

ha-ha

I also use Roxio's DirectCD.

with the right software, you can treat a CD-rw like a zip drive. it makes it really easy to transfer stuff to larger studios for laying live drum tracks and such.

I'm with Monte - when CDRs are $0.15 each, there's just no need to screw arround with CD-RWs

In answer to your original question, you just format the c.d. same as you would a 3 1/2" and roxio takes over. Takes a while.

hm

.15cents? where do you get cdrs for 15 cents, in stores your lucky to find them for 50-75 cents each in spindles.

I just got an email from Tiger and they've got 'm 50 with jewel cases for 9.99. Most of the time, if you keep an eye out you can get 'em even cheaper in bulk spindles. Lots of times Office Max runs specials and I've gotten them there before where the ended up being free with the mail in rebate. A CDRW last I checked (which could be wrong 'cause I really don't care!) was at least $10. I see your from Sidney though ambi, and things might be much different over there.

Back