Reason Tutorials

arsenaultk9

Hey just bought reason and while experimenting with it discovered how complex and power full it can be used in the good way. I was wondering if anyone know reason tutorials that could guide me to be a good reason user.

Thnx, and sorry if this is posted on the wrong forum, couldn't figure out wich one to use.

You can learn quite a lot from the Help files that Reason includes. It has everything you need. Basics to the most complex functions of the heart of Reason. Use it.

arsenaultk9 said:
Thnx, and sorry if this is posted on the wrong forum
No need to apologize. This is as good a forum as any other here for Reason questions.

There are many books at every level, from the (hated) '...for Dummies' series to very advanced tutorials. If you go to a good bookstore you can look through them and pick one that matches your current knowledge of the program. You might want to stretch a little so you don't outgrow the book too quickly...

There is a lot to learn --- I've been using Reason for years and I'm still discovering new corners and techniques and tips and tricks.

You're right there is amazing stuff in the help index for reason, well at least much better what I saw as tutorials on the web.

I do a lot of remix work with a DJ and i've found Reason 3 to be absolutely invaluable.

THe sequencer is so easy it almost fools you into thinking your missing something.

If they would just include control of external synths they would really have something.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the Matrix Pattern Seq. to activate two notes at once, or is just able to trigger one note at a time.

brendandwyer said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the Matrix Pattern Seq. to activate two notes at once, or is just able to trigger one note at a time.

You can't do it with the Spider CV merger, but you can do it by creating two or three or four instances of a Matrix/Subtractor or any number depending on how many notes you want to trigger at once, then hold down the shift key to select them all and use the 'combine' function under the Edit menu to enclose them in their own Combinator. This will work for any Matrix/sound generator combination in Reason.

The Matrix's have the advantage of staying perfectly in sync with each other and you have the option of setting up the controls on the combinator to modify the chord or riff...

i was wondering if the combinator thing would do it, but in esscene i'm grouping the matrix seq together and piping them into say the malstrom. cool thanks!

Back