Reason Rewire to Cubase SX Rendering

PG13

Software: Reason 2.5,Cubase Sx 2.2, Sonar3

what I already know:

I know i can Controll the mix in cubase from the Cubase mixing Console(when rewired):

I know i Can Manual Export from Reason Save as .wav ( all my tracks) then Manually Importin into my Multitrack Software...

What I want to do:

I want Rewire Reason 2.5 into Cubase Hit Record/Play and have the Audio Record on Seperate Channels. I seen this at a Studio guy was using DP4 he rewire hit Play/Record and as his Track played it Recorded into DP4(wav format)...

If i can't Record Direct wav is there a way to Record midi Data from the Rewire then render that Midi Data into .wav?

If some Can you please enlighten me?

This is something I was told can only be done using digital performer. I saw the same thing done at guitar center one time. What you can do is export the tracks seperately using Cubase and then you can import them back into cubase as .wav files. A few extra steps but it'll work. Any reason why you would like to do that? You have much more control over your sounds if you have them in your reason racks rather than a wav in Cubase. I hope you know that you can still use the effects from Cubase even if it's not a wav file.

MERC said:
This is something I was told can only be done using digital performer. I saw the same thing done at guitar center one time. What you can do is export the tracks seperately using Cubase and then you can import them back into cubase as .wav files. A few extra steps but it'll work. Any reason why you would like to do that? You have much more control over your sounds if you have them in your reason racks rather than a wav in Cubase. I hope you know that you can still use the effects from Cubase even if it's not a wav file.

Actually you have More controll over you music when its Popped into .wav Format... Reason Can't Do this Ever... Sure i can just Rewire and use the Fx from the Streaming feature. Now if i have the Sound in .wav I have COMPLETE controll of Each kick.. each Snare.. each hi hat.. Can actually CLEAN up the .wav files Mix and Master.. Bottom line.. u can/t Edit a Midi data streaming or non streaming like you can a wav file

drums

Let me jump in here...If I waant to record my drum tracks in cubase sx but want to keep the sounds from reason, then I should just keep the sounds from reason going and then reccord into cubase?? NOW here is the question........When I mix down will I hear the reason tracks on my cubase mixdown???

Thanks,
John

what you have to do is import the tracks one at a time into cubase. all you have to do is solo the track you want to export, do an audio mixdown,and in the export/mixdown window save it as .wav and check the import into pool, and impot to track boxes.. you do that for each track and voila your done

Back