Reason question

Smoulders

Hi there. Does anyone know if the full licensed version of Reason, requires a dongle or simialr? Hypothetically speaking, if it was purchased, could you install on two machines? (temporarily)

Cheers

The Propellerheads keep it a closely guarded secret as to just how many HD installs you get, but having had a crash six months ago I know it's at least two...

Reason is not one of the music apps that uses dongle protection.

Cheers mate.

If it was installed on two and the computers were connected to the interent, is there any way Propellorheads would know it was installed on more then one machine, or would that just be if you registered the software on the internet (which I beleive is optional).

Thanks

Smoulders said:
If it was installed on two and the computers were connected to the interent, is there any way Propellorheads would know it was installed on more then one machine, or would that just be if you registered the software on the internet (which I beleive is optional).
So you're back with another question that goes further into the 'fooling the software company' realm. You must be running a Reason bootleg or else you would be addressing such a question to the company itself. They can be found here in case you've already paid for Reason...

woah...

I can assure you I dont have any dodgy intentions here. At the worst, I was wondering whether or not I would have to buy 2 copies to have it installed on my 2 machines (seems excessive).

Anyway, no offence intended.

Cheers

Then look again at my first reply in this thread - the one in which I say the Propellerheads keep it a closely guarded secret as to how many hard disk installs you get when you buy a single copy.

If your machines are relatively stable and you won't be doing anything foolish with them anytime soon, then you'd probably be able to install Reason on both of them safe in the knowledge that you won't need to do it again in the near future.

Back