reason and audition

k bucks

hello all,

I know audition doesn't really support midi stuff, but i've got these cool mellotron samples that sound great through reason adapted express. Is there any way to record the sound that comes from my speakers into audition? I just need some advice because i really want to use these samples like a keyboard. thanks a lot

-kevin

"Is there any way to record the sound that comes from my speakers into audition?"

Sure. Put a mic up in front of your speakers and record it into AA. :D

.......i would want to use it primarily for overdubs, so the playback would come through the speakers as well. any other ways to work around this problem?

-k

If there's no way to export the file from reason then depending on your soundcard you should have a feature that allows you to record whats coming out of the speaker jack to an audio program.

So instead of eg. line in or mic in being the input device in Audition, it would be something like 'What you Hear' input.

Different soundcards call it different names.

k bucks said:
.......i would want to use it primarily for overdubs, so the playback would come through the speakers as well. any other ways to work around this problem?

-k

You could always pan the playback to one side and the overdubs to the other...:)

For Reason, are you talking about ReWire? Just click on the input for the track you want to record in (in audition), and for Device choose ReWire. Or if you need to record something else, just choose wave in.

Hope this helps!

Back