Rear Rack Rails for Power Amps

Confusitron

I have been searching for sometime for a rack case with rear rack rails. My power amps have rear rack mounts, which I have noticed are on other company's amps as well. I have had almost zero luck in finding the appropriate rack case. Should the rear rails be used? Is it necessary? I could very easily find a rack if I don't have to use rear rails.

Thanks.

Massive Master said:
You can always add the rails yourself...

Right, this is the way to go. You can get rack rails at American Musical Supply, Musician's Friend, almost anywhere really. Just measure everything carefully and then bolt the rails to the rack where you need them. For heavy items like power amps it *is* a good idea to put in the extra support at the rear of the rack.

There is a good reason why a lot of racks don't have rear rails. Different amps are different depths. This would mean that the rails would be in different places. Another thing you could do is place a wood shim under the back-middle of the bottom amp. This will keep it from sagging. Then you can just shim between each amp above it. Personally, all of my power amp racks are very heavy. I have not needed to add support to any of them and they even get bounced around on trucks alot:)

Back