Reaper vs Samplitide 6

Jcl2012

I have a basic knowledge some parts of of Samplitude Producer 2496 6.0 . I've had it for years but only occasionally used it.Every once in a while I'd spend a fair amount of time with it. I'm trying to do a cds worth of material. Much of the stuff is recorded but some bits to be added and the whole thing mixed. I have a demo of Reaper but have only used it a little. Could anyone, who has had them both, give me an idea if Reaper offers some real advantages over this older version of Samplitude. There's a lot about software recording (and recording in general) that I don't have a lot of experience with so if Reaper is more intuitive in terms of adding effects, for example, than Samplitude then thats one area that interests me. My version of Samplitude seems a bit difficult in this area. I'm just trying to figure out if learning my way around a new, more modern? program is worthwhile. Thanks

There are Reaper tutorial videos on YouTube.
And tons of people to help you out on the Reaper forums.

As to whether one sequencer or another fits you, only YOU can make that determination.
The basic stuff is all the same in any sequencer; it's Chevy vs. Ford car guy stuff otherwise....
YOU have to put in time in the chair.

Ive got to get this done in 4 days. I gave Reaper a shot last night on a few fairly simple things but ended up back at Samplitude to finish them. Samplitude 6 is pretty old now but I'm somewhat used to it. I'd just like to know if there are many features in Reaper compared to this 8-10 year old program.Thanks for the reply.

Back