Reaper vs. KAE

Luca Brasi

Hello all,

I'm using Kristal Audio Engine, a freebie, and I'm pretty happy with it. However, I'm thinking of trying out Reaper. If anyone has experience with both can you comment on such a move? Is Reaper a "better" program? I'm only recording myself on several tracks, guitars, bass, vocals, usually about five or six tracks, just for personal use at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I'm using Kristal Audio Engine, a freebie, and I'm pretty happy with it. However, I'm thinking of trying out Reaper. If anyone has experience with both can you comment on such a move? Is Reaper a "better" program? I'm only recording myself on several tracks, guitars, bass, vocals, usually about five or six tracks, just for personal use at this point.

Thanks in advance.

i don't have experience with KAE, but i guarantee that you will LOVE reaper. their support forum is incredible.

Download it and try it yourself!

The 'demo' is totally uncrippled and only puts a 15second 'nag screen' up at startup.

Playing with a sequencer is the best way to find out if it fits into your workflow and is something you can wrap your head around. Reaper makes that easy by trusting you to get a $60 license when YOU know you want to keep using it.

....be sure to download the PDF manual, too.....

Pro Tools = The industry standard (apparently - it's probably found in most big studios)

REAPER = what a lot of PT users are switching to because Avid suck giant hairy balls.

As a PT user, I advise you to go with REAPER.

Reaper makes that easy by trusting you to get a $60 license when YOU know you want to keep using it.

i KNOW i'll never use anything else and that $60 was WAAAAAAAAY worth it. they earned that shit. what an incredible program AND business model.

Thanks all,

I've downloaded Reaper and the manual and am currently trying to get over the nearly vertical learning curve. I appreciate your comments!

Thanks all,

I've downloaded Reaper and the manual and am currently trying to get over the nearly vertical learning curve. I appreciate your comments!

dude, i avoided making the switch because of the learning curve, then discovered it barely exists. register at the reaper forum.

Well, I downloaded Reaper and the manual. Been checking it out this afternoon/evening. I like it already! I think it will be worth its $60 price tag.

Thanks for everybody's input!

Back