Reaper Question...

solaris1982

This might sound like a dumb question, but I've looked on the Reaper Wiki, and also poked around the program, but can't find an answer to this:

Is there any way to automate effects? For example, let's say I have a vocal track, and I want some really thick Reverb on just one part of it. Is there any way I can just turn on a reverb for that section (aside from manually checking the box in the FX chain.)? It would just make it easier when rendering instead of having to bounce tracks every time.

There is. Actually, there are several ways. Reaper allows per-item effects now, so you could split it at the part you want and just add reverb to that part. I'm sure there's a way to also just automate the bypass switch, or at least the "Wet" fader (to just increase the amount of reverb), but if you just want instant on/off, splitting seems to be the most efficient way.

How would I go about adding it to the split part? I see "Apply track FX as new take," but don't know much about "takes" and what to do once the effect is applied as one.

There's probably another way, but it looks like you can just open the FX browser and drag an effect to the split part. I just figured that way out right now, though, so there's probably a better way. I've actually never done it before...

Back