"Reamping" a guitar pedal

I think the magic words here are "hardware send". I routed the signals in Cubase. To get a non-dealyed signal, I probably need to route it in TotalMix FX.
I think you should look for this "hardware FX plugin" that platinum was talking about and figure out how to use it. Reaper has the same thing, but I've never used it because nothing I've wanted to reamp was that time sensitive.

I think you should look for this "hardware FX plugin" that platinum was talking about and figure out how to use it. Reaper has the same thing, but I've never used it because nothing I've wanted to reamp was that time sensitive.

Just found out that the recorded delay track is right where it should be, so Cubase must have compensated for the send/return delay. It's just when playing back with send engaged that I get unwanted echoes of the send signal. Everything worked out great really. Thanks again!

With Totalmix FX, if you don't have Submix mode engaged and you don't have a "direct down" routing flow, you can end up hearing both the original unprocessed signal AND the return feed simultaneously, which will naturally sound very phasey and louder (watchout for evil endless feedback loops from the input faders being up).

Totalmix is really powerful, but if you're trying to do any send/return kind of routing and you don't understand its workflow (me a couple of weeks back!) it can create nightmares!

With Totalmix FX, if you don't have Submix mode engaged and you don't have a "direct down" routing flow, you can end up hearing both the original unprocessed signal AND the return feed simultaneously, which will naturally sound very phasey and louder (watchout for evil endless feedback loops from the input faders being up).

Totalmix is really powerful, but if you're trying to do any send/return kind of routing and you don't understand its workflow (me a couple of weeks back!) it can create nightmares!

Ahh, that's really useful information. Thanks for sharing!

Back