Realtime DirectX Plugin Question

mahogany2004

Quick question.

Does anyone out there know of a plugin effect, like reverb or chorus that I would be able to hear while I'm doing my vocal, not just being able to apply it after the vocal is recorded?

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong....

I don't think you can monitor your recording back through a plugin in cool edit.

Nathan

i thought it was possible to add real-time effects in cool edit via pressing the FX button near the left of the track listings in multitrack view. Maybe this helps

packratlouie said:
i thought it was possible to add real-time effects in cool edit via pressing the FX button near the left of the track listings in multitrack view. Maybe this helps

By real-time effects, they mean that you can apply them in real-time onto tracks that are already recorded, as opposed to destructively applying them directly onto the wave file, which would destroy your original audio, and once you've gone past the set levels of undo, you cannot change it back.

CEP does not support true real-time monitoring of incoming audio, that is why you have to set-up the windows (or other soundcard) mixer correctly in order to properly monitor/balance your current recording attempt against your previously recorded tracks.

Back