Really sweating about FD-8 mixdown . . . Help!

phillybean

I've finally ironed out all my problems recording on the fd-8, those being things like track management, pan, drum mics, vocals . . .
I want to mix down to a .wav on my computer, but i can only get a mono signal on the mic in. There are two line in's: one gives me live sound out the speakers but no recording signal in cool edit, and the other gives me nothing.
I am using the stereo RCA out on the FD-8 to 1/8" plug on the sound card.
What am I doing wrong?
For every other question i had about the FD-8 the answer was really obvious and stupid. But i'm totally stumped on this one.

In Windows you need to make sure you have selected the correct input to record from. It seems like you now have the mic input selected. I'd start with trying to get the one that doesn't give you sound in the speakers to work, it seems more likely that that is the one to use, because you should not have any sound unless you have input signal in cool edit.

Open the Windows volume window, select Options->Properties->Adjust Volume for recording.

Do i set the input in windows or cooledit?
I looked for something like that in cooledit and didn't find anything. I am using the demo version, but i don't think that should be a problem.

Back