really confused...

dietcookie

Ok I have a Soundcraft SX Board, Neutrik NYS-SPP-L Patchbay, Digi 001, Headphone Amp and a RNC/RNP in a rack. I have the direct outs from the mixer to Rear Top 1-8 of the patchbay. Rear Bottom 1-8 to the 001 Inputs. Outputs 1-8 of the Digi into 9-16 Rear Top Patchbay.

I still have the Monitor Outs on the Digi Connected to the Headphone amp that goes into a stereo channel on my mixer.

Where do I connect the RNC/RNP? And how do I connect the RNP/RNC together via the inserts or is that a bad idea? Sorry about the noobish questions, i've been looking at this all day and i'm just even more confused.

You should run your mic into the RNP. Run the RNC in a loop off the insert of the RNP. Then the line out from the RNP goes into the Digi. Alternately, run mic-->rnp-->line out to RNC-->Digi

Run the output of the RNP into a single patch point on the patch bay. Then you'll be able to route it wherever you like. The RNC belongs in the loop of the RNP, so you don't need to worry about running this into the bay - whatever signal you are processing with the RNP will go thru the RNC automatically.

Back