Real Newbie

kkat1

Original
Ok ...I used to be a member a long time ago...my daughter was kgirl who used to record a lot. She has a 16 year old daughter Hayli Frosheiser (yoyohayli) who has a lot of talent. She has 23 songs on youtube all recorded with really crummy stuff..free on line recording program. cheapest mic you can buy and headphones her mother gave her that are literally falling apart. All castoffs from her Mom done on a 2 g 128 harddrive xp computer. I'm about to have a new computer built for her. I would wonder if a few of you would go and give her a listen ...especial to REPRO GENETIC OPERA, SWIMMING HOME and don't laugh ARIA ..MY LITTLE PONY. She does everything. But here is the thing I want to start building her equiptment and need to know some basics. I know all these songs need work but it's a start.

She is just a 16 year old from no where Nebraska who has decided music will be her life. Actually the mics she uses in Praise Band at church are better plus they have a mixer. She is a straight A student working her way to a music scholarship and taking as of now private voice lessons but she has a style she does not want to lose. And I know female vocalists are a dime a dozen.

Thanks for the listen

kkat
:facepalm:

We are looking for some real advice here and we did not know if she was old enough to post herself. She is a computer savvy smart kid who wants to make real music with real musicians. We just happened to read the August 25th newsletter.

Last edited:
When you get 10 posts here you can supply actual links so people can find what you are referencing.
You'll need to be specific on what you want for advice. Read the stickys at the top of this forum regarding computer recording.

And go to the thread called get your ten posts here and if im not mistaken you now need 15.
post some replys and your count will soon start to go up in that thread.
Welcome to the forum and good singers are never a dime a dozen.
I'm sure theres plenty willing to help here so make the most of it theres loads of knowledge shared here.
Enjoy your stay

Back